The producers of Deadpool 2 have been slapped with a $289,562 penalty for failing to provide a safe workplace for stuntwoman Joi Harris. Harris was killed in a motorcycle crash. In the investigation of the accident they were fined for:
• Failure to ensure the health and safety of all workers by failing to identify the hazards and assess and control the risks of the work activity and failing to provide adequate supervision.
• Failure to ensure that the stunt performer complied with the Regulation by wearing safety headgear while operating the motorcycle.
• Failure to ensure the health and safety of the stunt performer by failing to provide adequate supervision with respect to this work activity.
• Failure to provide the stunt performer with a new worker orientation.
• Instructing the stunt performer not to wear safety headgear while operating the motorcycle
Harris was the first black woman licensed to actively compete in American Motorcyclist Association races. She was only 32 when she died.