On the heels of producing their seventh and most successful Long Beach Comic Con in California last month, MAD Event Management is proud to announce their debut on the East Coast with the New Jersey Comic Expo, Saturday, November 21st and Sunday, November 22nd, at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison, NJ.
“Coming off of our strongest year of Long Beach Comic Con to date, we are excited to share two full days of celebrating the comic industry with fans in our own backyard,” remarked Martha Donato, a native of the region and President of MAD Event Management. “Most of our staff has been working in the industry for over 20 years, forging long lasting relationships with legendary talents. We are excited to showcase these incredible artists, writers and creative minds.”
The New Jersey Comic Expo is a family-friendly celebration of the rich culture of comic books, and is the place for comic fans, geeks, and creatives of New Jersey to come together as a community and revel in the fun and entertainment that MAD Event Management has become synonymous with. A virtual who’s who of incredible publishing companies, writers and artists will appear alongside celebrity guests from the world of television and film.
With a list that is constantly evolving, the New Jersey Comic Expo is pleased to announce the following confirmed guests, with many more to follow:
- Chris Claremont (Legendary writer of Uncanny X-Men, The New Mutants, Fantastic Four)
- Drea de Matteo (Actress from “The Sopranos,” “Sons of Anarchy,” “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- Mark Bagley (Artist – The Amazing Spider-Man, New Warriors, Justice League of America, Batman)
- Garth Ennis (Creator of Preacher, The Boys; Writer for Punisher, Hellblazer)
- Fabian Nicieza (Co-Creator of Deadpool and X-Force; Writer for X-Men, X-Force, Thunderbolts)
- Erica Schultz (Writer for Swords of Sorrow, Rise)
- Ivan Reis (Artist – Green Lantern, Justice League, Infinite Crisis, Blackest Night)
- Samantha Newark (Voice of Jem from Jem and the Holograms)
- Rags Morales (Artist – Action Comics, Hawkman, Identity Crisis, Superman, Wonder Woman)
- Dennis Calero (Artist – X Factor, Ash and the Army of Darkness, The Vampire Diaries)
- Ethan Van Sciver (DC Artist: Green Lantern, The Flash, Batman: The Dark Knight)
- Bob Schreck (Legendary Comics Senior Vice President/Editor-In-Chief)
- Joe Harris (Comic book writer & filmmaker; IDW’s X-Files, Image’s Great Pacific, Bishop: The Last X-Man, Firestorm, Vampirella vs. Dracula)
- Joseph Michael Linsner (Creator of Dawn, Artist – Dawn and Vampirella)
- Tommy Walker (“Francis” from Marvel’s “Daredevil” series on Netflix)
- Destiny Nickelsen (Cosplayer and costume designer)
- YuffieBunny (Cosplayer and Alternative Fashion Model)
- Vegas Power Girl (Notable Cosplayer)
With a full slate of programming planned, a full convention floor filled with exhibitors (including vehicles from pop culture history like the 66 Batmobile, Back to the Future DeLorean and Ghostbusters’ Ecto-1), and many surprises to come, #NJCE is poised to be a convention not to be missed …and the best news is that you won’t get shut out of this one. In fact, kids under 10 get in for free!
Get tickets now at www.newjerseycomicexpo.com where you will also find the most up to date list of guests, programming, show features and special events. Advance ticket holders get early admission!
Follow New Jersey Comic Expo for up to the minute news as it drops!